infrastructure to handle 500, 2000, or 50,000 samples at a time. We can be in your distribution center and manage 24-hour turn arounds. We can help you build style guides, manage your DAMs, and leverage your product data in more efficient ways.
We don’t stand up and wave our arms. We don’t push. We don’t overpromise and under-deliver. We sit at YOUR table. And give you exactly what you need — quality, high-volume, fast-turn content — exactly when you need it. With studios and resources around the world, we can help you reach the content scalability and production redundancy you’re looking for without losing your brand’s uniqueness.
Location Oregon, Portland
The Post Production Retoucher Level 3 is responsible for retouching and preparing photographic imagery to display in various published mediums. Uses Adobe Creative Cloud tools to silhouette products, complete expert-level retouch, create quick and accurate clipping paths, mask and shape products, color correct to "pleasing" and “critical” standards, and create and run advanced actions. Responsible for collaborating with the team (including intercompany and outside partners) and providing support and feedback for continuous improvement.
- Possess a production mindset with a focus on repeatability and consistency.
- Meet quality, accuracy and output goals set by Post Production Managers and Post Production Director and clients’ style guides.
- Perform quality control and create specified deliverable files before items are posted to the server.
- Complete projected hours and update time tracker daily within specific job spreadsheet.
- Demonstrate independence and self-discipline in planning daily assignments by comparing internal and external due dates against workload.
- Keep an organized and clean workspace and adhere to studio cleanliness rules.
- Submit all company forms and time off requests by their deadlines.
- Ask for help early after assessing ability to reach due date cannot be done with given resources.
- Be open to train and mentor Post Production Retouchers at level 1, 2 and 3.
- Perform additional company duties, as assigned by the Post Production Manager and Post Production Director.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Associates degree in Photography, Film, Art or equivalent education and experience
- 3+ years of experience in retouching and preparing photographic imagery or relevant work experience
- 2+ years of “critical” color experience matching to client-designated color references and the ability to maintain "pleasing" color standards across multiple images where requested.
- Knowledge of Apple OSX operating system and be the ability to perform basic troubleshooting.
- Expert level skill in Adobe Photoshop for retouching, pathing, blending modes, alpha masks, color correction and adjustments, and creation of actions.
- Highly proficient in Adobe Acrobat, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premiere.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Substance Painter, and other 3D editorial tools.
- Understand how to access and navigate file servers and web-based data management tools.
- Understand different file formats and color profiles needed to work on and deliver files.
- High-level expertise in form and figure when shaping products.
- Have intermediate experience using Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Word.
- Experience with Capture One, Canon, PhaseOne, and Profoto lighting.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software programs, specifically Word and Excel. Within Excel, the candidate should be able at a minimum to execute a search, sort a list by applying multiple filter settings, populate a new column of data in an existing spreadsheet, and manage file conversions among CSV and text-based files to Excel.
- Must have excellent problem-solving ability and creatively respond to set needs.
- Must have proficient necessary math skills and the ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Ability to communicate effectively in-person, on Teams, via phone, or using email and demonstrate a natural balance of listening and talking, writing clearly and accurately, positively influencing others, and keeping others informed.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while ensuring seamless execution through stellar organizational and time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail with the the ability to focus on a repetitive task and consistently accurate data entry.
- Solves non-routine problems in collaboration with his or her manager; takes the initiative to modify procedures and processes as appropriate and makes contributions that impact work team results.
- Demonstrated planning skills and the ability to prioritize using information around due dates, clients, internal resource skill sets, and when to escalate for assistance and awareness.
- Ability to work both independently and within a changing team.
- Ability to handle frequent interruptions and adapt to changes in workload and work schedules.
- Experience with ShotFlow and ProWorkflow.
- Respectful and courteous when interacting with others, a calm and collaborative demeanor is expected when working through conflict. You will always professionally present the studio and yourself. The expectation is to balance listening and talking, writing clearly, and accurately any decisions.
The salary range for this full-time position is $23.00 - $25.00/ hourly, commensurate with experience and skills. Several positions are currently available for this growing studio.
Straub Collaborative offers excellent benefits, including:
- 401(k) matched at 4%
- Full medical, dental, vision (company contribution based on employee’s selection and family status)
- Health Care Spending Account (HSA)
- Commuter Benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (for healthcare & dependent care)
- Life insurance, disability, and accidental death are covered by the company at 100%
- Flexible work schedule (certain positions)
- Flexible paid time off (with approval from supervisor)
- 11 paid holidays
- Company lunches & events (at Studio locations)
Culture/ EEO Statement
Straub Collaborative embraces diversity in a profound way and believes in the power of a shared table to bring people together as we are committed to building a culturally inclusive team. We see diversity and inclusion as central to our organization. This means that we stand up against discrimination and harassment wherever we operate.
Straub Collaborative is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) and equal pay to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visa at this time.