At Straub Collaborative, our teams are well-versed in developing stable workflows and infrastructure to handle 500, 2000, or 50,000 samples at a time. We can be in your distribution center and manage 24-hour turn arounds. We can help you build style guides, manage your DAMs, and leverage your product data in more efficient ways.
We don’t stand up and wave our arms. We don’t push. We don’t overpromise and under-deliver. We sit at YOUR table. And give you exactly what you need — quality, high-volume, fast-turn content — exactly when you need it. With studios and resources around the world, we can help you reach the content scalability and production redundancy you’re looking for without losing your brand’s uniqueness.
The Manager, Business Development - West is responsible for actively prospecting and networking to build a robust sales pipeline and drive high volume, e-commerce photography, video, and postproduction business opportunities within the fashion, apparel, footwear, retail, media, beauty, cosmetics, and lifestyle industries by performing the following duties:
- Lead discovery calls to identify and qualify prospects in need of our services.
- Effectively present our company, services, and products to potential clients through outbound outreach (email, social sharing, and phone calls).
- Create and maintain client relationships.
- Make it rain: Drive new customer acquisition in the mid-market and enterprise segments across multiple verticals (fashion, apparel, footwear, retail, media, beauty, cosmetics, and lifestyle).
- Develop compelling, solution-oriented, client-facing materials including presentations, and responses to RFPs, and proposals.
- Proactively research and prospect to identify target companies and industry decision makers.
- Negotiate fair, profitable proposals and contracts with prospective clients.
- Collaborate with the relationship team and project managers to conceptualize and execute creative tests.
- Provide weekly reporting and forecasts to sales management.
- Leverage effective communications skills to engage prospects, schedule meetings, and qualify them to generate a pipeline for the sales organization.
- 5+ years B2B experience with a proven track record prospecting, pitching, and closing mid to enterprise sales and growing clients for content production, photo studio, or creative agency services is required.
- 5+ years demonstrated B2B solution sales experience in the apparel, fashion, footwear, beauty, cosmetics, retail, and/or lifestyle sector(s) is required.
- Experience with RFP execution, pitch-team participation, lead generation and pipeline management.
- Proven track record of over-achieving revenue targets in past positions.
- Understanding of the e-commerce content creation marketplace is desired.
- Strong presentation, verbal and written communication, organization, multitasking, and time management skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while ensuring seamless execution through stellar organizational and time management skills.
- Solves non-routine problems in collaboration with his or her manager; takes initiative to modify procedures and processes as appropriate and makes contributions that impact work team results.
- Demonstrated planning skills and the ability to prioritize using information around due dates, clients, internal resource skill sets, and when to escalate for assistance and awareness.
- MAC OS experience is a plus.
- Experience using Microsoft Office 365 applications (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Teams, and SharePoint.)
- Experience utilizing a CRM database (Salesforce) and other digital communication platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university.
- The salary range for this full-time position is $120K -$130K commensurate with experience and skills.
Straub Collaborative offers excellent benefits, including:
- 401(k) matched at 4%
- Full medical, dental, vision (company contribution based on employee’s selection and family status)
- Health Care Spending Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Account (for healthcare & dependent care)
- Life insurance, disability, and accidental death covered by company at 100%
- Flexible work schedule (certain positions)
- Flexible paid time off (with approval from supervisor)
- 11 paid holidays
- Company lunches & events (at Studio locations)
Culture/ EEO Statement:
Straub Collaborative embraces diversity in a profound way and believes in the power of a shared table to bring people together as we are committed to building a culturally inclusive team. We see diversity and inclusion as central to our organization. This means that we stand up against discrimination and harassment wherever we operate.
Straub Collaborative is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) and equal pay to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visa at this time.
Straub Collaborative is a photography, videography and G7® color certified retouch studio with locations in Portland, Boston, New York, and Hong Kong. We specialize in e-commerce, brand identity and catalog product line photography, creating emotive, iconic imagery that inspires our customers and drives their brand message.
We place tremendous value on the client relationship, maintaining longstanding partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands. If you are a proven relationship builder in business development and/or client service, and understand the value of a collaborative approach to growth, we'd love to talk with you.